We wrap up coverage of the CoffeeChamps preliminary events with a recap of last weekend’s final competition in Tulsa, Okla., hosted by Topeca Coffee.
BY ASHLEY RODRIGUEZ
BARISTA MAGAZINE ONLINE
The final two preliminary events of the United States Coffee Championships (USCC) took place last weekend leading up to the Qualifying Competitions and the USCC national competition happening in April 2018. Our last stop brings us to Tulsa, Okla., to give you highlights and results of the competition hosted by Topeca Coffee.
We’ve covered the previous seven preliminary events on the website earlier this month: in Rancho Cucamonga, Seattle, Portland, Ore., Denver, Greenville, S.C., Washington, D.C., and Louisville, Ky. Tulsa was dominated by the team at Onyx Coffee in Fayetteville, Ark. Co-owner and last year’s United States Barista Championship runner-up Andrea Allen won the barista competition. Reigning U.S. Brewers Cup champion and Onyx head trainer Dylan Siemens placed second in the barista competition, and assistant trainer Elika Liftee won Brewers Cup. Photos and highlights of the competition follow—scroll down to see who will advance from both the barista and Brewers Cup competitions!
1. Andrea Allen, Onyx Coffee
2. Dylan Siemens, Onyx Coffee
3. Isaiah Sheese, Archetype Coffee
4. Eli Ramirez, Halfwit Coffee
5. Tae-Wan Kim, Kindness & Mischief
6. Katie Hatch, Caffe Medici
7. Dakota Graff, Airship Coffee
8. Levi Roye, PT’s Coffee
1. Elika Liftee, Onyx Coffee Lab
2. Nick Stevens, West Oak Coffee
3. Alex Hanson, Spyhouse Coffee
4. Ali Abderrahman, State Street Coffee