We wrap up coverage of the CoffeeChamps preliminary events with two final competitions from this past weekend. First, we go to Louisville, Ky., and share photos and results from the event hosted by Quills Coffee.
BY ASHLEY RODRIGUEZ
BARISTA MAGAZINE ONLINE
Photos by Bryan Schiele
The final two preliminary events of the United States Coffee Championships (USCC) took place this weekend, September 28-30, leading up to the Qualifying Competitions and the USCC national competition happening in April 2018. First, we stop in Louisville, Ky., to give you highlights and results of the competition hosted by Quills Coffee.
We’ve covered the previous six preliminary events on the website earlier this month: in Rancho Cucamonga, Seattle, Portland, Ore., Denver, Greenville, S.C., and Washington, D.C. Louisville continued on with the tradition of fun parties, regionally specific trophies, and a lighthearted atmosphere bringing baristas and coffee pros together from all over the Midwest. Photos and highlights of the competition follow—scroll down to see who will advance from both the barista and Brewers Cup competitions!
1. Matthew Scott, Lemonjello’s Coffee
2. Andrew McCaslin, Kaldi’s Coffee
3. Sam Schaefer, Mighty Good Coffee
4. Steve Holm, Stovetop Coffee Roasters
5. Stephan Witchell, Tempest Coffee Collective
6. Paul Johnson, Mission Coffee Co.
7. Won Jong, Gimme! Coffee
8. Simeon Bricker, Splitlog Coffee Co.
1. Sam Miers, Kaldi’s Coffee
2. Argus Keppel, Goshen Coffee
3. Matt Foster, Kaldi’s Coffee
4. Mike Greene, Stovetop Coffee Roasters