Allegro Coffee is hiring a Roaster/Production Team Member at their Berkeley, Calif. location.
Our friends at Allegro Coffee Roasters just contacted us about a new job opportunity at their location in Berkeley, California. You can read the whole posting and find the link to apply online below.
In 2013, the Allegro Coffee Roasters (ACR) brand was introduced to build a new coffee culture for Whole Foods Market. ACR currently has two locations “ Brooklyn, NY and Berkeley, CA, with a third opening soon in Denver, CO. In this position, you will be working side by side with our Lead Roaster in Berkeley, CA on the Loring S15 Falcon. This beauty is efficient, with an estimated 80% reduction in energy usage compared to traditional roasters using conventional afterburners of the same capacity. As a Roaster, you will be responsible for all activities from loading green coffee, roasting, packaging and preparing final product for shipment.
So bring your ideas, spirit, and love for coffee to the table, and work with folks who share all of those things and want to do something more than the just the status quo.
- Schedule roasts to ensure smooth production flow to meet inventory requirements.
- Set-up and monitor each roast, making adjustments to roaster settings as needed to ensure roasting quality standards.
- Prepare various coffee blends according to established recipes.
- Transfer roasted coffee to appropriate production station (bagging and grinding) to ensure efficient workflow.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices guidelines, OSHA Safety standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and applicable health codes at all times.
- Conduct quality tests on all final production roasts using the Colortrack roast analyzer.
- Set up regular sensory evaluations (coffee cuppings) with Coffee Team to ensure quality standards.
- Assist in tastings and other public events as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Team Leader.
Prior experience roasting coffee in a production facility or retail environment required.
Min. 3 years experience working within Specialty Coffee required.
Experience working in craft related industries; i.e. craft beer, baking, culinary, etc.
Passion for cupping, tasting and evaluating your work is a must (you’ll be doing a lot of it).
Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness and to check signage and labeling for accuracy.
Proven success at engaging and influencing fellow team members and customers to share your passion for products.
Organized with well-developed math skills and spreadsheet/data entry skills.
Proven proficiency at following directions and established recipes.
Able to meet the physical requirements of the working conditions including heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds) and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
Able to work well with a team.
Experience in retail grocery/specialty a plus.
Reliability is paramount. Individual must demonstrate flexibility to meet production and roasting demands and be available to work a variety of shifts including weekends and evenings.
Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
Bending, stooping and climbing.
Mental and physical dexterity.
Unassisted heavy lifting up to 50 pounds.
Working in a warm environment due to the heat from the Roaster.
Mandatory use of required personal protective equipment.
Repetition or sequence of duties.
Whole Foods Market was named œAmerica’s Healthiest Grocery Store by Health magazine. Thanks to the company’s more than 88,000 team members, Whole Foods Market has been ranked as one of the œ100 Best Companies to Work For in America by FORTUNE magazine for 17 consecutive years. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health benefits, paid time off and a 20% discount on purchases at Whole Foods Market.
You can apply for this job online now. The application period closes August 26.
Any questions about this position can be sent to email@example.com.