Award-winning Klatch Coffee is hiring in its wholesale department for Southern California
Our friends at Klatch Coffee asked us to help them spread the word about this wonderful job opportunity in Southern California working for the company as a wholesale sales account rep. Here’s everything you need to know in their words about applying for this position:
Klatch is looking for full-time energetic individuals who love coffee, have outside sales experience and exude a passion for both. This is a combination sales and customer service position within our wholesale roasting division. You must have dependable transportation and be excited to learn and share the benefits of great coffee and how to prepare it. Position involves both cupping with and educating current and potential customers how great coffee increases sales and loyalty for their business. General region includes all of Southern California and beyond but specifically Inland Empire, Orange County, and Los Angeles. This is a career position within the coffee industry for serious candidates only. Base salary plus commission bonus and expenses commensurable with experience.
Duties, Expectations, Responsibilities:
· Begin each day by 8:00 a. m. (sometimes earlier to meet customers).
· Line up appointments and respond to correspondence daily.
· Target accounts that may fit well with Klatch, those looking for quality over price. Specifically: 3rd Wave Coffee Houses and Espresso Bars primarily. Gourmet markets, hotels, restaurants potentially.
· Visit up to three current Klatch Coffee customers daily. Providing training, consultation, and support while looking for opportunities to increase sales for the customer and Klatch. This includes using barista bar skills and coffee knowledge to ensure quality as well as demo and sales of equipment. This may also include attending or participating in after hours events.
· Host regular cuppings, trainings, and demonstrations with current and potential Klatch customers.
· Average three prospect visits and competitive fact-gathering stops per day.
· Average 1-2 espresso/drip coffee demos per day.
· Follow up on every contact within 24 hours.
· Schedule regular monthly meetings with accounting to discuss and aid in account receivable issues as needed.
· Schedule regular monthly meetings with Production and Roasters as needed to discuss volume fluctuations, new coffees, new items, etc.
· Attend weekly sales meetings and/or company functions as requested
· Complete daily, weekly, and other reports as required. Maintain current and accurate Contact Management Records on software or cloud or other as required.
· Attend trade shows and industry events as needed.
· Attend all necessary coffee/barista/sales/company training events as required on an ongoing basis.
· Close on an average of 400 lbs of new business per month by end of 90-day probation period. This could be 4 customers ordering 25 lbs per week or 1 customer ordering 100 lbs per week.
· Increase Klatch customers’ weekly sales volumes though training and merchandising on an ongoing basis. Account retention is a key factor in salary.
· Close on an average of $10,000.00 of new equipment sales per month (evaluated quarterly) by end of probationary period. Typically one espresso machine per month.
· Perform minor service of equipment, filters, parts, etc. as needed to insure the integrity of Klatch Coffee is preserved.
To learn more about Klatch visit www.klatchroasting.com
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org