The VIII National Barista Championship, held during Expoespeciales in Bogota, Colombia, took place Wednesday through Saturday, bringing an esteemed field of 35 of the nation’s top baristas together to compete for the title of Barista Champion of Colombia.
NicolÃ¡s Rico, from Amor Perfecto, won using a coffee from La Falda in the department of Antioquia and will be representing Colombia in Rimini next year at the WBC.
Top Six Baristas in Colombia:
1. Nicolas Rico – Amor Perfecto
2. Paula Zea – Café Pergamino
3. Ever Bernal – Sabor Nacional
4. Felipe CastaÃ±eda – Amor Perfecto
5. Ronald Valero – Juan Valdez Café
6. Mauricio Romero – E&D Café
Danilo Lodi served as the WBC’s International Judge.
Congratulations, Nicolas! We look forward to seeing you in Rimini, Italy, at the 2014 World Barista Championship in June!