Allegro Coffee’s Education & Training Specialist Position to be based in Glendale, California
Summary of Position
Successful execution of training programs in all channels of distribution including: espresso bars, bulk/in-store roasting, and packaged product while ensuring outstanding customer relations through positive promotion of all our products and training programs. The Education and Training Specialist reports directly to Allegro’s Director of Programs and Education.
- Work cooperatively with the Director of Programs and Education to develop education and training programs.
- Implement educational and training programs for Allegro’s internal team members, Whole Foods Market (WFM) team members, WFM Regional Coffee Coordinators, WFM regional leadership and Allegro’s Wholesale customers.
- Execute all education and training information in a dynamic and persuasive manner utilizing solid interpersonal skills and on-the-job training.
- Continuous focus on building and refining personal presentation and technical skills to ensure delivery of effective and persuasive training programs.
- Build and maintain positive, cooperative working relations with all Allegro teams.
- Meets performance standards and goals as determined by/with Director of Programs and Education.
- Maintain attendance records of educational and training activities as well as document new store openings and regional trainings with well-crafted recaps.
- Provide on-going feedback and insights on current programs and materials to determine overall effectiveness and use.
- Be an ambassador for the Allegro brand and maintain a strong positive presence in the field during new store openings and regional trainings.
- Ensure implementation of Allegro’s retail merchandising strategy.
- Specialty coffee and barista experience required.
- Passion for artisan foods and specialty coffee a must.
- Strategic organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with a high level of energy and passion for excellence.
- Excellent written and verbal skills allowing for presentation of materials and information in a clear concise manner.
- Knowledge of brewing standards, equipment, equipment maintenance and roasting procedures desirable as well as a curiosity to learn and explore coffee.
- Previous management and leadership in a specialty retail grocery setting preferred.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to prioritize schedule and projects.
- Must be very flexible and adaptable to an ever-changing schedule and marketplace.
- Must have a Driver’s License with clean driving record and current insurance along with reliable transportation.
- Must be able to travel 60+% of the time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Knowledge of Whole Foods Market a plus.