Check out the latest issue of Barista Magazine, June + July 2017—featuring Greg Lefcourt of Ozo Coffee on the cover—now!
BY SARAH ALLEN
No matter how many times we’ve released an issue of Barista Magazine, it always feels darn good when we’re able to share it with you, our readers. In fact, the issue that comes out today—June + July 2017—is the 66th issue of Barista Magazine. Now, ain’t that somethin’?
You can read the whole issue right now, for free, online. Or download it from our free app so you can read it on the go (i.e., when you don’t have an internet connection). If you just can’t get enough of our print magazine though, hold tight—you subscribers should be receiving your copies soon. If you want to start a subscription or just order a hard copy issue, we can help you with that as well at our online store.
Here’s a sneak peek at what’s included in the June + July 2017 issue of Barista Mag:
• GREG LEFCOURT ON THE COVER: For the 66th time, we’ve had the pleasure of interviewing, photographing, and really getting to know a person who strives every day with their whole self to make our specialty-coffee world great. We hope you enjoy our cover feature on Greg Lefcourt, co-owner of Ozo Coffee Co. in Boulder, Colo., as much as we enjoyed putting it together for you.
• FIELD REPORTS: We bring you a unique importer-customer relationship trip to Honduras; an exploration of cafes and roasters around New England; and a Pacific Northwest roaster’s trip to visit some special kids in Guatemala.
• THE CAFE OWNER’S TOOLBOX: Our “High Maintenance” columnists, Alex and Double J, give advice on the tools for quick fixes that every cafe owner should have close at hand.
• HOW TO BE AN AWESOME BOSS: It’s not as easy as one might think. Barista Mag’s own Ashley Rodriguez offers 10 tips for being the most awesome you can be.
• THE CALIBRATION CHALLENGE: Todd Mackey reflects on the importance of universal calibration.
• PATHFINDER: Kathie Hilberg of Spyhouse Coffee takes over our series on exploring career paths in coffee with her insights on being an educator.
• MASTER Q+A: Kenyan-born Mbula Musau gets real about specialty coffee in East Africa, changing gender roles among small farmers, and more.
• TAKEAWAY: Meister has a book out! Four Barrel is flash brewing! WINCC! The Matchbook Coffee Project! Support for coffee throwdowns and gatherings!
• EVENTS: Barista Nation NYC, the Global Specialty Coffee Expo, Project Origin’s Best of El Salvador, CoLab Berlin, and more.
And still, there’s more. So check out Barista Magazine’s June + July 2017 issue right now ONLINE, on our APP, or get a subscription rolling right NOW. We hope you have a blast—and learn a lot—with us!