Day One of the United States Barista Championship is over—here are the six semifinalist baristas moving on to the next round!
BY ASHLEY RODRIGUEZ
BARISTA MAGAZINE ONLINE
Photos courtesy of the SCA
Today, 24 baristas competed for six spots at the United States Barista Championship. Six were chosen to move on to the next round to compete with the other 12 baristas who qualified for byes in their regional competitions. Here are those six baristas (in no particular order):
- Jenna Gotthelf—Everyman Espresso, New York, N.Y.
- Samantha Spillman—Dillanos Coffee Roasters, Seattle
- David Castillo—Joe Coffee, New York
- Brandon Acuña—Fleet Coffee, Austin, Texas
- Joel Bigelow—Messenger Coffee, Kansas City, Mo.
- Mike Greene—Stovetop Roasters, Holland, Mich.
We’ll have a complete schedule of Day Two for you in a few hours!